Kevin Cannon - Freelance Web/Interactive Designer
Experienced web & interactive designer with strong visual communication and technical skills as well as a fundamental understanding of interactive media and design. Proven ability in applying strategic design and delivering projects to a range clients in a wide variety of media. Over 5 years experience working for clients such as Hibernian Aviva, Novartis, FÁS, Dublin City University, Boards.ie, e-Types, Fidelity Investments, The Farm, TravelPaths.com, Púca and Irish Life.
Shown here is a small selection of my work over the last few years.
Normally based in Dublin, but currently based in Munich and not taking on freelance work.
- User‐centric design process; user testing, scenarios, personas and analysis.
- User research & ethnography; experience carrying out field research, insights gathering and observation.
- Extensive design skills, with experience designing for web, multimedia, touch, mobile and interactive installations.
- Excellent knowledge and use of colour, layout, typography, contrast and grids.
- Ability to design for a wide range of styles, e.g. Corporate web applications, band sites to children's flash games.
- Information architecture, interaction design, UI/UX design, wireframing & prototyping.
- Flash design and Actionscript programming for dynamic applications for online and CD-ROM delivery.
- Years of experience creating websites that use best practices in accessiblity, usability and web standards.
- Have implemented large scale interactive installations using tools like Processing and openFrameworks.